PediKarma -- Ayurvedic Foot Cleansing & Reflexology
"A seamless, relaxing, yet energizing treatment that includes a balancing Himalayan salt foot bath, neck massage, Ayurvedic reflexology, the gentle and soothing massage with the Kansa Vataki foot bowl from India and finishes with a gentle cleaning and exfoliation with an herbal powder. This treatment will lighten your step, give you a sense of balance and grounding, and brighten your mood."
Benefits: PediKarma can be helpful for aching feet and legs, eyestrain, stress, and lower back pain. Most clients report feeling more relaxed than after a massage.
"From beginning to end, I LOVED this treatment. It feels like a delicious spa treatment, but packs in huge medicinal benefits. During the session, I felt extremely relaxed as my feet were massaged and worked, and the foot soak and exfoliation beforehand made my cracked heels soft and supple for days. This treatment left me calm and "blissed-out" for hours afterwards! I am so glad I tried this, and would recommend it for stress relief as well as foot pain! Thanks Deborah!"
Tasha G (Massage Therapist)
"I received the Pedi Karma treatment from Deborah Myers and it is everything and more as stated on this website. It was a very relaxing and a great experience. I would recommend this treatment to everyone. My feet are longing for the next one. Thank you for the experience!"
PediKarma(tm) is inspired by the Indian foot massage treatment called Kansa Vataki and the Padaprakshalana ceremony in which the feet are respectfully and loving bathed as an acknowledgment of the beauty and goodness that is our true nature.
"PediKarma: here means "actions" or the things we do that have results. "Pedi" refers to the feet. PediKarma(tm) is Diamond Way Ayurveda's comprehensive five-step series of rejuvenation treatments for the feet that includes:
- Gently filing dry skin areas on the feet
- Soaking the feet in a deep, warm, and aromatic Himalayan salts foot bath
- Touching the Marma points (Ayurvedic vital energy points) and their associated reflexology areas
- Kansa Vataki - rubbing the feet with a golden-color three-metal bowl and
- Applying Ubtan Cleanser - dusting and gently exfoliating the feet with a blend of flour, herbs, and rose petals
Benefits from Each of The Five Steps in the PediKarma(tm) Treatment...
Step One: Foot filing - using a foot file to gently remove dry skin
- Increases absorption of essential oils
- Allows for a deeper massage
- Balances the pads of the feet for a more even step
- Allows time to read the feet
Step Two: Foot Soaks - soaking the feet in warm water infused with Himalayan salt and organic bay, eucalyptus, and ginger oils
- Welcoming, luxurious, and nurturing
- Relaxing and grounding
- Calming to the nervous system
- Thoroughly cleansing in a gentle and comfortable way
Step Three: Ayurvedic Reflexology - pressing on a sequence of areas and specific points on the toes and the soles of the feet
- Re-aligns the skeletal structure, especially the back
- Improves the function of the organs and glands
- Helps to balance emotions
- Increases circulation to the brain
- Improves concentration
- Relieves insomnia and deepens rest
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Eases both acute and chronic pain
Step Four: Benefits of Kansa Vataki - rubbing the oiled feet thoroughly with the three-metal bowl
- Helps to balance the subtle energies of the body
- Soothes the eyes and eye area
- Calms high skin tones
- Improves posture
- Reduces acidity in the entire body
- Invokes a deep experience of relaxation
- Centering and peaceful
Step Five: Using the Ubtan - Ayurvedic cleansing and exfoliating powder
- Gently cleanses away the excess oil and exfoliates the skin and feet
- Makes the skin soft and the feet more mobile
- Helps the feet feel fresh, light, and energized
- Provides a unique, satisfying, and caring conclusion to the treatment
PediKarma(tm) leaves the feet feeling soft, supple, and alive. One feels balanced from head to toe, ready to meet the world, refreshed. Clearer and calmer from deep rest and a feast of touch experiences, every client is sure to step away from the treatment with a relaxed, smiling expression on their face.
Deborah Myers 4000 W. Walton Blvd; Suite A; Waterford, MI 48328 248-431-6506
Some of the content on this page is courtesy of Diamondway Ayurveda.